Friday, February 13, 2009
This class contained loads of techniques for using ribbons - most of which I did!
This class was called 'Cat among the pigeons' by Rachel aka Taniwha.
This was to use paint - the dots behind the picture are done using bubble wrap. I enjoyed this one and I found I used a lot of paint this weekend.
This was my final layout of the weekend for the Miss Marple challenge which just required the use of lace. I delved back in time to find this old photo - doesn't she look cute!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
This layout was for the Da Vinci Code class by Ifa. I have to admit I didn't do all the great techniques that Ifa had in the class and instead I just used her sketch to inspire me. Mostly using more of January's Scrapagogo kit.
This layout was a quick one as it wasn't posted until Saturday evening and I didn't see it till around 10pm and it had to be done by midnight! Our team had to use the colour blue with ribbon and no patterned papers and minimal other embellishments. That also meant I had to take the photo at night so the colours haven't come out great.
The next 2 layouts were for Shimelles challenge. This was to make up a kit and then do as much as you could from it. I have to say I didn't use it all and could have made a lot more but as there would have been no more team points I decided to stick with a double layout. I used January's studio calico kit plus some rub-ons from my stash.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
This class was called the Mouse Trap by Maria aka Ziggysmammy. Used my own papers from January's scrapagogo kit and some rub-ons and chipboard pieces I found in my stash. I think this is one of my favourite ones from the weekend.
This layout was from class called 'The Unexplained' and was from a kit from Bubbly Funk. I followed the class pretty closely for this one.
This is a mini book from a kit by Craft at Home and the class was called The Sherlock Holmes Casebook.
Below is how it looks inside. Just need to fill it now.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
This was what I did with my mystery kit - it's a mystery because you don't know what you are going to get in the kit. As Becky's birthday was fast approaching I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and make something for her birthday with the kit - it turned into rather a large card!
I used the box the kit came in and the bind it all with thread and ribbon to make the box along with some white paint. Ideally it should have a bit more ribbon but I was restricted to that in the kit!
Below are some other views.
This was a layout I did for pre-crop challenge based on a book cover. The title does stand out a bit more in real life! I used Decembers scrapagogo kit.
Monday, February 9, 2009
This one was a class called black and blue by AnniB. I followed the sketch pretty closely just chose my own colour scheme.
This layout was done for a challenge set by Christy Tomlinson. The challenge was to use something non scrapbook related - the cd and to use bright colours. I used the left overs from my mystery kit from Sarahs Cards as that was definitely bright!
This next layout was for the FBI challenge. It required the use of a file folder, buttons and ink. It doesn't show up well but everything is inked round the edges.
This is the other layout I did on Friday night. It was for a class called In the Frame by Artbase using their kit.
I will post some more later but as I get complaints that the page doesn't change enough...you know who you are!! I will save the rest for another day!